This dish is another farmer's market favourite that we love to make as a nice tasty fresh dish..
- 1 lb. soba noodles
- 2 TBS vegetable oil
- 3 TBS minced garlic
- 3 TBS minced ginger
- 4 TBS sesame oil
- 3 TBS rice vinegar
- 3 TBS sugar
- 3 TBS peanut butter
- 1 1/2 TBS sriracha sauce or other hot sauce (taste as you go!)
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 5-8 medium carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 5 scallions, trimmed and sliced thinly
- 1/2 c. chopped cilantro
- 1/4 c. sesame seeds
- honey-roasted peanuts, for garnish (about 2-3 TBS per serving)
- Cook soba noodles according to package directions. Drain, rinse in cold water, drain again, and set aside.
- In a small frying pan, heat vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and ginger and saute for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently, until fragrant and garlic is just beginning to brown.
- Remove from heat and add to a medium bowl.
- Add sesame oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, peanut butter, and sriracha to bowl with garlic and ginger and whisk vigorously to combine. Sauce should be smooth.
- Taste for flavor and heat and adjust ingredients to your taste as necessary.
- Pour sauce over cooked noodles and stir to combine. Stir in cucumber, carrot, scallion, cilantro, and sesame seeds. Serve chilled. Garnish with peanuts.