Sliders, these yummy mini burgers are always a nice treat.
- 12 (2 1/2-inch-diameter) sweet dinner rolls, halved
- 1/2 pound (4 ounces) 96 percent lean ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon ketchup, plus more for serving
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup finely crushed Corn Flakes
- Put an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the cereal, parsley, egg, oil, 1 tablespoon ketchup, cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Add the ground beef and gently stir to combine.
- With damp hands, roll the mixture into 12 mini meatballs.
- Arrange the meatballs on the prepared baking sheet and bake until cooked through, about 15 minutes
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Make an indentation in the center of the bottom half of a roll.
- Slice a meatball in half and put in the indentation.
- Add about 1 teaspoon of ketchup to the meatballs and cover with the top half of the roll.
- Repeat with the remaining rolls and filling.
- Arrange the sliders on a platter and serve.