This great pizza recipe was developed by chance, but it's great for entertaining when you want a pizza that no one's ever had before and will be blown away by.
- 1 (1 pound) loaf frozen whole wheat bread dough, thawed
- 1/2 cup thousand island dressing
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 6 ounces deli sliced corned beef, cut into strips
- 1 cup sauerkraut - rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickles (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Grease a large pizza pan.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the bread dough out into a large circle about 14 inches across.
- Transfer to the prepared pizza pan. Build up the edges, and prick the center all over with a fork so it doesn’t form a dome when baking .
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden.
- Spread half of the salad dressing over the hot crust.
- Sprinkle with half of the Swiss cheese. Arrange corned beef over the cheese, then drizzle with the remaining salad dressing.
- Top with sauerkraut and remaining Swiss cheese.
- Sprinkle with caraway seed.
- Bake for another 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until cheese melts and toppings are heated through.
- Sprinkle with chopped pickle.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.