This salad is based on a favourite of mine from Earls. With a couple twists...
- 2 whole chicken breasts, cut in half
- cajun seasoning
- olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh peanuts
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 1 small clove garlic, pressed or finely chopped
- 2 tbsp lime zest
- 2 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 bag salad toppings tortilla strips
- 1 cup dates, chopped into ¼ inch pieces and soaked in hot water for 5 minutes
- 8 cups mixed greens and chopped romaine lettuce
- 3/4 cup corn kernels
- 14 oz can (398 ml) black beans, well rinsed and well drained
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped, roasted peanuts
This salad is based on a favourite of mine from Earls. With a couple twists…
- Rub chicken breasts all over with olive oil; sprinkle cajun spice on both sides. Grill over medium-high heat or broil until done. Set aside. Slice diagonally into ¼” wide slices.
PEANUT LIME VINAIGRETTE:
- Process ingredients in a small food processor until almost smooth. There should be tiny chunks of peanut.
- To assemble salad, place lettuces in a large bowl. Toss with enough dressing to lightly coat.
- Add corn, dates and black beans and half the feta cheese and tortilla pieces into lettuces; gently toss.
- Divide lettuce mixture between 4 dinner plates.
- Thinly slice avocado and divide between 4 plates, placing on the side. Top each salad with crumbled feta cheese, tortilla pieces, chicken pieces and chopped peanuts, if desired.