Potato soup is a meal in itself and is easy to modify.
- 1 onion
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1-6 potatoes (more if you want heartier soup leftovers may be used)
- small bunch of parsley or dill or both to taste may be dried
- 1/3 cup flour
- bay leaf
- Cook and mash potatoes, set a side.
- Chop onion and celery, then saute in pot with margarine or oil.
- Once celery is soft and onions slightly limp, stir in flour.
- Once fully incorparted, use a whisk and add enough water so soup has 1/2-3/4 the final volume you want.
- Now add bay leaf and dill or parsely or both.
- Let sit until boiling.
- Add mashed potatoes and stir, reheat and serve